Tomato & basil sauce
Make the most of the beautiful tomatoes and basil that are in season.
|Fresh from the garden:||Basil, tomatoes|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
2. Add the tomatoes to the large pot.
3. Add the oil, sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook for at least 10 minutes, and up to half an hour. The final cooking time depends on the time you have available and the type of flavour you want the sauce to have: less cooking results in a fresher flavour, while longer cooking results in a deeper, more intense flavour.
5. Before serving, add the basil leaves and season to taste.
A simple, flavoursome way to enjoy your greens.Read more
Healthy herb fritters ideal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.Read more