Baby broad bean and pea salad recipe
Green goodness tossed with ginger, lemon and vinegar for that extra zing.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Bring the vegetable stock and two tarragon sprigs to the boil in a medium saucepan over medium–high heat.
2. Blanch the broad beans for 2 minutes then, using a slotted spoon, remove from the stock and immediately transfer to a bowl of iced water. Remove the outer skins of most of the larger beans, leaving the smaller ones intact for a touch of bitterness.
3. Bring the stock back to the boil and blanch the peas for 4 minutes, then strain and cool in the iced water.
4. Finely chop the remaining tarragon leaves and place in a medium bowl with the blanched broad beans and peas, mint, a pinch of salt and pepper and half the olive oil.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the vinegar, ginger, lemon juice and remaining oil, then toss through the shredded radicchio. Mix this through the broad bean and pea mixture.
6. Transfer the salad to a serving platter and dot the queso fresco or ricotta over the top.
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more