Overseas medical costs
Overseas medical costs associated with injury sustained by included activities.
Ski & snow equipment replacement costs, for personal and hired equipment if lost or stolen.
Prepaid costs, such as lift passes, equipment and lessons if unable to participate for more than 24 hours due to illness or injury.
What's included under snow sports cover
- Recreational skiing/snowboarding on a marked trail or slope prepared for the purpose of skiing or snowboarding within the boundary of the ski field or ski resort.
- Snowmobiling provided by the piste authority, for transport to and from designated recreational skiing areas within resort boundaries, or on a guided tour with a licensed operator.
What’s not included
- Any off-piste skiing/snowboarding.
- Training for, or participating in, a ski race competition; or sports activities in a professional capacity.
24/7 emergency assistance
Our team of experienced doctors, nurses, travel consultants and case managers are here for you, 24/7.
If you need help finding appropriate medical treatment or you need to be medically evacuated, replacing lost travel documents or credit cards, our emergency assist team will help you out.
If you need emergency assistance please call +61 2 8907 5672
Things you should know
* - Australian residents 18+ only. Starts: 18/06/18 9am AEST. Ends: 30/09/18 11:59 pm AEST. To enter, purchase a Medibank or ahm travel insurance policy during the promotional period. If multiple people specified on Medibank or ahm travel insurance policy, only the first adult stated on the Certificate of Insurance will be entered into the draw. Policy must not be cancelled at time of draw to be eligible. Draw: 16/10/18 at 02:30 pm AEDT, L2/35 Little Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000. Prize: trip for 2 adults to London, UK to see a premier league football match (valued at up to AUD$10,000). Winner published at www.facebook.com/Medibank/ and in The Australian on 23/10/18. Promoters: Medibank Private Limited ABN 47 080 890 259, L1/720 Bourke St, Docklands VIC 3008; and Australian Health Management Group Pty Limited ABN 96 003 683 298, L2/720 Bourke St, Docklands VIC 3008. See full Terms and Conditions for more details. ACT Permit No. TP18/00842, NSW Permit No. LTP/18/24397 and SA Permit No. T18/767.
Travel must be taken to coincide with a premier league match taking place between 01/11/18 and 31/05/19, as chosen by Medibank and subject to the premier league 2018/2019 schedule.
1 - Medical cover will not exceed 12 months from the onset of the illness or injury. Reduced limits may apply for customers 70 years or over. Limits will be shown on the Certificate of Insurance. Medical evacuation cover subject to claim approval.
2 - Item limits apply. See page 11 of Combined FSG/PDS for more information.
3 - Conditions apply to cancellation cover. Only applies to the International Comprehensive and Domestic policies. Reduced limits may apply for customers 70 years or over.
4 - Cover is limited to a maximum duration of up to 30, 45 or 60 days for international trips or 15 or 30 days on domestic trips depending on the duration choice you make.
Limits, sub-limits, exclusions and conditions apply. This is general advice only. Medibank Private Limited, ABN 47 080 890 259, an Authorised Representative, AR 286089, of Travel Insurance Partners Pty Limited, ABN 73 144 049 230 AFSL 360138 arranges the insurance on behalf of the insurer. The issuer is Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507. Please consider your own needs and the Combined FSG/PDS available from Medibank stores or medibank.com.au/travel to decide if this product is right for you.