Enter your postcode to find your nearest store to have a face-to-face chat!
How to make a claim
Follow these easy steps to submit your claim:
Submit your claim online
- Complete the relevant sections of the online claims system.
- The system will prompt you to upload scanned receipts and other supporting documentation while you make your claim.
Complete and post in a claim form
- Download and complete the relevant sections of the claim form below.
- Collect any documentation we require - you'll find each section of the claim form provides details on required documentation, such as police reports, valuations, medical reports, original receipts or proof of ownership. We require originals, so please make copies of these documents before posting the originals in.
- Post your completed claim form along with any supporting documentation within 60 days to:
Medibank Travel Insurance Team
c/o Travel Insurance Partners Claims Dept
PO Box 168, North Sydney
Important points when making your claim
- You must lodge full details of your as soon as possible and claim in writing within 60 days of your return.
- You must give us any information we ask for to support your claim, such as police reports, valuations, medical reports, original receipts or proof of ownership.
- You must report the loss or theft of luggage, personal effects, travel documents or money within 7 days to the police or responsible transport provider and a written report must be obtained at the time.
- You, or someone on your behalf, should phone Our emergency assistance team as soon as possible if you require hospitalisation, if your medical expenses will exceed $2,000 or if you want to return early
- Claims are payable in Australian dollars to you.
- We will settle claims in Australian dollars. The rate of currency exchange that will apply is the rate at the time you incurred the expense.
- If you can claim from anyone else, we will only make up the difference. You must claim from them first.
Still need help?
If you have any queries, please read our FAQs. Alternatively, you may also contact our Claims Department directly by:
Limits, exclusions and conditions apply. This is general advice only. Medibank Private Limited, ABN 47 080 890 259, an Authorised Representative, AR 286089, of Travel Insurance Partners Pty Limited, ABN 73 144 049 230 AFSL 360138 issues the insurance on behalf of the insurer. The issuer is Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507). Please review your own needs and consider the Combined FSG/PDS available from Medibank stores or medibank.com.au/travel to decide if this product is right for you.
Our team of experts are ready to help!
Fill in the form below or get in touch by calling our dedicated line 1300 110
We are open on Sundays.
In providing your telephone number, you consent to Medibank contacting you about health insurance.
We'll have someone call you soon to help with any questions you have.
Or, check out our FAQs and guides to help get you started.