^ You may be eligible for a higher limit and if so, this will be specified on your Certificate of Insurance. You should read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) carefully before you make a decision to purchase a product. The PDS provides detail on the key features of the product, benefits, exclusions, terms and conditions of the relevant product.
Routine Care Benefit
The Ultimate Pet Care products allows you to add a Routine Care benefit for an extra cost. You can claim $165 per year on the cost of routine and preventive care if detailed below:
$50 each year for any two of the following
- Vaccinations or health check
- Council registration fees
- Heartworm preventative medication
- Teeth cleaning
- Alternative therapies
- Prescription diets
- Dewclaw removal
- Behavioural therapy
- Obedience training
- Cremation or burial
Plus annual benefits for:
- Heartworm test or blood screen ($10 value)
- FeLv/Fiv test or urinalysis ($10 value)
- Flea/tick/worm control ($45 value)
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Burns or electrocution
- Ingestion of foreign object
- Ingestion of poison
- Allergic reaction to insect bite (excluding flea bites)
- Ingestion of foreign object requiring surgical or endoscopic removal
- ingestion of poisonous substance resulting in toxicity treatment.
- Bone fractures
- Bite wound or fight wound abscesses
- Lacerations or abrasion of tissue, skin or mucous due to external violence
- A traumatic ligament or tendon injury other than cruciate ligament condition
- Anaphylactic shock
- Gastric dilation volvulus (GDV)
- Paralysis tick bites
- Heat stroke.
- Surgical repair of non-diabetic cataract
- Surgical repair of diaphragmatic hernia
- Surgical repair of hip dysplasia including total hip replacement
- Surgical repair of soft palate resection
- Surgical repair of stenotic nares
- Surgical repair of everted laryngeal saccules
- Surgical repair of Invertebrate disc disease (IVDD)
- Treatments for immune mediated blood disease
- Surgical repair of cruciate ligament rupture or strain.
Taking care of your pet's health
We've worked with pet experts to provide the best advice for looking after your best friend.
Things you should know
* Offer ends 11.59pm AEDT on 31 October 2019. Offer provides a 15% discount on the first year's premiums only (which is inclusive of the standard 10% Medibank health cover member discount). Medibank members save 10% off every subsequent year. Offer only applies to new policies purchased using the promo code PAWSOME15. Eligibility criteria applies for Medibank Pet Insurance.
Terms, conditions and waiting periods apply. Medibank Pet Insurance is general insurance issued by the insurer The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (ACN 090 584 473; AFSL 241436) (Hollard), is promoted by Medibank Private Limited (ACN 080 890 259; AR 286089) (Medibank) and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd (ACN 075 949 923; AFSL 420183) (PetSure). Medibank acts as an authorised representative of PetSure. Medibank will receive a commission which is a percentage of the premium paid to Hollard and PetSure may receive a portion of the underwriting profit, if any - ask PetSure for more details.
Any advice provided is general only, has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and may not be right for you. Consequently, before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of this information having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should obtain and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, Medibank Pet Insurance. PetSure can be contacted by telephone: 132 331 or by mail: Locked Bag 9021, Castle Hill, NSW 1765.