If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large wok, add the garlic, chilli and snake beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the Chinese broccoli and mushrooms and cook, tossing frequently for 5–7 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
4. Add the tamari and Chinese five spice.
5. Add the drained noodles to the wok and toss over the heat for another minute until combined. Sprinkle with the roasted cashews and fried shallots and serve.
Extracted from The Compassionate Kitchen by Gemma Davis and Tracy Noelle, published by Simon & Schuster Australia RRP AU$39.99.
Photography: Gemma Davis