Better value, transparency of cost, and a wider range of available services. Just some of the benefits of choosing Members’ Choice, one of the largest health provider networks in Australia.
Members’ Choice Hospitals
Medibank has arrangements with most private hospitals and day surgeries in Australia, so members can generally get better value for covered treatments than if they were to go to a non-Members’ Choice hospital.
Members’ Choice providers
We’ve negotiated with a number of providers so you may enjoy better value when you need an extras service. Our Members' Choice extras network covers more types of services than any other private health insurer, and includes:
- Dental prosthetists
- Optical retail outlets
- Remedial massage therapists
Benefits of visiting a Members' Choice provider:
- Capped prices so there are no surprises in your bill^
- Discounts at optical retailers and for orthotics
- Percentage back of charge. This could be 55%, 70%, 85% or 100% depending on your cover*
- A wider range of extras services than other insurers
- Generally lower out-of-pockets than non-Members' Choice providers
- Free dental check-up and clean every year at any Members’ Choice dentist, over and above your annual dental limit (excludes X-Rays and a two month waiting period applies).
How does it work?
Here's an example of how you can do better with Members' Choice.
Elizabeth has Top Extras 70 cover and lives in NSW. The table below shows, typically, how much she can save when she visits a Members' Choice physiotherapist for a consultation.
|Members' Choice provider||Non Members' Choice provider|
|Charge||$63.00 (capped charge)||$76.00#|
|Benefit payable||$44.10 (70% of the charge)||$40.00 (fixed benefit)|
|Out of pocket cost||$18.90||$36.00|
Benefits are subject to annual membership limits waiting periods.
Our agreements with Members' Choice providers are subject to change without notice. Please confirm prior to receiving treatment whether your provider is part of our Members’ Choice network.
The information above is current at January 2017.
^ - excludes optical retail outlets
* - for eligible services up to your annual limit.
# - Average charge in NSW for a subsequent physiotherapy consultation between July – Sept 2016.