Asparagus, leek and pea tart recipe
Asparagus, Leek and Pea Tart is a delicious and easy dish for lunch or dinner.
Fresh peas, asparagus and leeks - this winning trio makes an easy weekend lunch. Herbs are everywhere in spring, try planting a small herb garden so you’ll always have some on hand.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Line a rectangular fluted quiche dish with pastry cover with baking paper and fill with baking weights, rice or beans and blind bake for 15 minutes. This partially cooks the pastry whilst the weight prevents the pastry from rising in the middle.
3. Remove weights and set aside.
4. Heat a sprayed non stick fry pan over low medium heat and cook leeks for 8-10 minutes or until wilted. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes more.
5. Whisk together cream cheese, yoghurt, eggs, salt and pepper until just combined, stir through fresh herbs and pour ¾ of the cheese mixture into the tart case.
6. Scatter over leeks, asparagus and peas and dollop on the remaining cheese mixture and scatter the pine nuts over
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until filling has set.
8. To serve, cool slightly, scatter over the remaining fresh herbs and serve with a salad.
Recipes provided by Weigh It Up.