Herb polenta chips recipe
Oh-so-tasty and wholesome chips, sprinkled with fragrant seasonal herbs.
|Fresh from the garden:||Mixed seasonal herbs|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
Remember to put a damp tea towel under your chopping board to stop it from slipping.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Bring the stock to boil in the saucepan.
3. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
4. For the sage salt, place the salt and sage in the bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
5. Gradually add the polenta to the boiling stock, whisking continuously for 2–3 minutes.
6. Remove it from the heat and stir through the parmesan, butter, mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
7. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Add the ricotta and fold until combined.
8. Spoon and press the polenta into a lightly greased tin and refrigerate until set (20 minutes).
9. Remove the set polenta from the tin and slice it into 30 or more thick chips.
10. Pour a little olive oil onto the plate.
11. Roll the polenta chips lightly in the olive oil and place them on a greased baking tray.
12. Bake the polenta chips for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
13. Remove onto the serving platter using tongs and serve with the sage salt.
Healthy herb fritters ideal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.Read more