|Fresh from the garden:||Eggs, onions, parsley, potatoes or sweet potatoes, silverbeet|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
Remember to put a damp tea towel under your chopping board to stop it from slipping.
To make and rest the pastry:
1. Mix the flour and the salt in a large bowl and then create a well in the middle of the flour.
2. Mix the oil and water in a small bowl and then pour them into the well in the centre of the flour.
3. Use your hands to incorporate the liquid into the flour until the dough forms a ball.
4. Sprinkle flour onto a clean, dry workbench and knead the dough for 1 minute.
5. You can use the dough immediately. Otherwise, wrap it in plastic wrap and leave it until needed.
To make the filling:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
3. Separate the green leaves and white stems of the silverbeet.
4. Slice and finely chop the white stems into small pieces and place in a medium bowl.
5. Rinse each green piece of the silverbeet and dry in the salad spinner. Roll each piece tightly and slice across the roll to form ribbons (this is called ‘shredding’).
6. Put the leaves in the medium bowl with the stems, add the salt and mix.
7. Put the potatoes in the saucepan. Fill it with cold water and add a pinch of salt.
8. Bring the water to the boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
9. While the potatoes are cooking, place the onion, mozzarella and parsley in the other large bowl.
10. Drain the potatoes and, when cooled a little, chop into bite-sized pieces. Place in the bowl with the onion, mozzarella and parsley, then mix in a tablespoon of oil.
11. Add the silverbeet to the mix and grind over some pepper.
12. Add the egg and mix through thoroughly.
To make the torte:
1. Brush the pizza tray with oil. Separate the pastry into two pieces, one twice the size of the other. Roll the large piece of pastry into a circle and lift it onto the tray.
2. Use the tablespoon to spread the potato and silverbeet mix on top, leaving an edge of about 5 mm all the way round.
3. Roll the rest of the pastry into a circle lay it over the filling. Fold the bottom edge over the top then seal the edges with your fingers.
4. Prick the lid a few times with the fork. Brush with olive oil.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges with the serrated knife and serving.