Mexican quinoa, chickpea and corn casserole recipe
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice make this a perfect throw-together dinner.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Heat the olive oil in a flameproof casserole dish or a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and capsicum and cook for 3 minutes until softened.
2. Add the quinoa, chickpeas, tomatoes, corn, chilli flakes, cumin and 2 cups of water and stir well to combine. Increase the heat to medium–high and cook, covered, for 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender.
3. Transfer the quinoa mixture to a serving dish, if necessary.
4. Finish with a squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkling of coriander and serve with the mashed avocado on the side.
5. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3−4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Subscribe to Live Better and receive our 'Healthy Living' recipe book FREE! As well as delicious recipes, food inspiration, offers and promotions straight to your inbox each week.
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more