Mexican baked eggy tortilla cups recipe
For a Mexican recipe that's a little different, try baked eggy tortilla cups
Makes: 4 eggy cups
Note: If you are making this for kids or don’t like things too spicy, you can leave out the cayenne for a milder flavour.
This recipe is adapted from My Darling Lemon Thyme.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and spray 4 shallow 1 cup ramekins very well with cooking spray. Cut a little disk of baking paper and place in the bottom of each ramekin. Trust me, this helps with the sticking issue. Place ramekins onto a large, rimmed baking sheet to avoid unnecessary oven spills.
2. Gently press the tortillas into each ramekin. Take care not to tear the tortillas as the egg mixture will leak out.
3. Divide black beans and corn kernels between the ramekins.
4. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, coriander, paprika, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne (if using), black pepper, and salt. Use a ladle to distribute this mixture evenly among the tortilla cups.
5. Halve the tomatoes and place cut-side up on top of the egg mixture. Sprinkle the cheese and parsley over the top of each cup.
6. Place tortilla cups into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are firm and golden and do not wobble eggily. Remove from oven and serve with wedges of avocado on top and a green salad on the side.
Discover more of Amy’s delicious recipes at thoroughlynourishedlife.com
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice mak...Read more