Spiced tempeh recipe
Need an interesting vegetarian idea? This spiced tempeh recipe will surprise with its versatility.
This is the perfect side dish or an addition to steamed or grilled veggies or salad. It also makes a great vegetarian option for barbecues, or mixed into curries and stir fries.
Tempeh has a nutty, meaty, mushroom-like flavour, and is a good plant-based source of protein.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Using a shallow dish, combine olive oil, soy sauce, pepper and half of the chopped fresh coriander.
2. Add the tempeh and allow it to soak in the mixture for 15-60 minutes (depending on how much time you have!)
3. Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan on medium heat and add the marinated tempeh.
4. Continue to stir on heat until all edges are golden and crisp.
5. Transfer to a dish and top with the remaining fresh coriander.
6. Serve warm or chilled.
Here's how to eat home made meals every nightRead more
Even the fussiest eaters will love these recipes.Read more
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more