If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup coconut milk and 1 cup clean water, and bring to the boil.
2. Add the quinoa, cover and simmer for 15 to 17 minutes, until the filtered water is absorbed
3. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, cover and set aside.
4. To make the pesto, combine the fresh basil, cashews and garlic in a food processor.
5. Start processing the mixture, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
6. Season with salt, pepper, lime juice and red pepper flakes, all to taste, and blend well.
7. In a medium serving bowl, combine the warm coconut quinoa, chopped kale, red onion and pesto.
8. Mix well with a big spoon and season to taste with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Optional: In a skillet over medium heat, toast the coconut flakes for a few minutes until golden and fragrant, stirring often. Sprinkle on top of the salad and serve warm.
Variation: You can also replace the basil with coriander for a beautiful coriander pesto option.
Recipe from The Healthy Coconut by Jenni Madison, available from Rockpool Publishing.