Pumpkin wontons recipe
These little parcels are fun and easy to make - not to mention delicious.
|Fresh from the garden:||Chives, spring onion, pumpkin|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list. Remember to put a damp tea towel under your chopping board to stop it from slipping.
2. Fill the large saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
3. Place the pumpkin chunks in the bamboo steamer and set the steamer over the pan of boiling water.
4. Steam the pumpkin for 15 minutes, until soft. If a fork passes easily through the pumpkin, it's cooked.
5. Transfer to the large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
6. Add the salt and mash the pumpkin.
7. Add the silverbeet and spring onion and stir to combine.
8. Add the soy sauce, chives and cornflour and mix well.
To make the dipping sauce
1. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
To assemble the wontons
1. Fill the large saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
2. Line the baking trays with baking paper.
3. Fill a small bowl with water.
4. Lay a few the wonton wrappers on a clean, dry surface.
5. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the centre of each wrapper.
6. Dip the pastry brush in the bowl of water, moisten all round the edges of the wonton wrappers and fold the wrappers over to form a pouch.
7. Place the dumplings in a single layer on a baking tray.
8. Drop the dumplings, in batches, into the boiling water.
9. Simmer the dumplings for about 3 minutes or until cooked through.
10. Remove the dumplings with the slotted spoon, drain well and transfer to the serving bowls.
11. Serve with the dipping sauce.
A tasty side dish the whole family will love.Read more