|Fresh from the garden:||Cauliflower, coriander, cucumbers, eggs, garlic, limes, peas, spinach, spring onions|
Fried rice is a very popular dish – the texture, taste and crunch are elements almost everyone likes. Once you’ve mastered this basic recipe, you can adapt it to your own tastes and the vegetables that are in season at the time.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list. Remember to put a damp tea towel under your chopping board to stop it from slipping.
2. Whisk the eggs in the bowl.
3. Heat the wok and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Pour the egg mix into the wok and cook on a high heat until the egg is cooked right through and looks like a big omelette.
4. Remove the omelette from the wok, place it on the chopping board, slice it up and set it aside.
5. Heat the wok over low–medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of the oil, then add the garlic and salt. Fry until the garlic is just beginning to colour.
6. Fry the cauliflower until tender.
7. Add the rice, turn down the heat to low then mix and toss the rice, frying it gently and ensuring that all the grains are lightly coated in oil.
8. Season with the soy sauce, sugar and pepper and continue to fry until the soy sauce is absorbed.
9. Stir through egg, peas, spinach and chopped spring onion, reserving a few spring onions to sprinkle over the fried rice when serving.
10. Serve sprinkled with reserved spring onions and coriander, and use the lime and cucumber as garnish.