This recipe makes a large batch of granola which will keep in an airtight container for up to three weeks. For four people, serve ¼ cup (30 g) granola per person, with 1 cup (250 ml) high-calcium, lactose-free skim milk and 85 g pomegranate seeds per serve.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C (120°C fan-forced). Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place the oats, quinoa flakes, cashews, almonds, LSA or seeds in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the cinnamon and ginger and mix well.
3. Combine the boiling water, maple syrup and vanilla in a heatproof jug and pour over the oat mixture, then stir to mix it through evenly; the oat mixture should be slightly damp but not wet.
4. Divide the oat mixture between the trays, spreading it out to form an even layer.
5. Bake for 35 minutes until fragrant and golden. Leave to cool on the trays, then stir through the cranberries. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. Scoop one serve into each of 4 bowls and top with one-quarter of the skim milk and pomegranate seeds.
Recipes extracted from The CSIRO Healthy Gut Diet by Dr Tony Bird, Dr Michael Conlon and Pennie Taylor. Available now, Macmillan Australia, RRP $34.99.