Corn fritters with tangy tomato salsa recipe
These cajun-flavoured corn fritters with tomato salsa will freshen up your weeknight routine.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Stir in milk then whisk in the flour and baking powder until smooth.
2. Add capsicum, onion, parsley, corn kernels and Cajun spice to the bowl and mix until the vegetables are evenly dispersed in the mixture. Leave mixture to rest.
3. In the meantime, make the salsa dip by combining the tomato, onion, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside while you cook your fritters.
4. Heat enough oil in a large non-stick frying pan to thinly cover the surface over medium to high heat.
5. Add a large spoonful of batter to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through. Repeat until all the mixture is cooked. You may need to add the remaining olive oil between batches.
6. When the corn fritters are cooked serve topped with tomato salsa.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice mak...Read more