Corn fritters with smashed avocado recipe
A brunch classic, with a mouthwatering side of maple and coffee infused bacon.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. To make the fritter batter, mix the eggs and egg yolks in a large bowl with sea salt and flour until combined and smooth. Fold in the corn, feta, fennel, spring onion, dill, lemon zest and juice and pepper.
2. To make the smashed avocado, spoon the avocado flesh onto a small plate. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, the coriander and lemon juice and mash roughly with fork. Set aside for later.
3. Turn your oven grill to maximum temperature.
4. To make the coffee and maple bacon combine the instant coffee with the boiling water and leave for a few minutes to allow the coffee to dissolve, then add the maple syrup. Place the bacon on a foil covered baking tray and brush each side with the coffee and maple glaze. Grill the bacon on both sides until crispy.
5. Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat and spoon in four equal portions of the fritter batter. Shape into small rounds with the back of a spoon and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown on the underside. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Serve 2-3 corn fritters per person with a large spoonful of the smashed avocado on top and a side of the coffee maple bacon.
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more