Broccoli, chilli and lemon pasta sauce recipe
A zesty and delicious vegetarian pasta sauce, with ingredients fresh from the garden.
|Fresh from the garden:||Basil, broccoli, chilli, garlic, lemon|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
Remember to put a damp tea towel under your chopping board to stop it from slipping. 1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
2. Separate the broccoli heads from the stems. Chop the broccoli heads roughly into florets. Peel the stems and chop finely.
3. Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes, until soft but still bright green. Save a cup of the steaming liquid from the pot.
4. Pan fry the garlic and chilli in olive oil and toss in the steamed broccoli.
5. Add the broccoli, garlic, chilli, olive oil, basil leaves and reserved steaming liquid to the food processor. Pulse until puréed, but not so smooth that it is watery – leave some chunks in for texture.
6. Pour the sauce into the mixing bowl, add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Make the pasta using the Basic Pasta recipe of your choice.
8. Stir the sauce through the warm pasta, adding lemon juice and zest and any pasta water if needed. Transfer to serving platters.
9. Serve the grated parmesan alongside the pasta in the small serving bowl.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Warming and hearty - this dish is great for all the familyRead more