|Fresh from the garden:||Basil, garlic, mint, onion, parsley, spinach|
This is a simple recipe that you can have a lot of fun with, especially when rolling out the gnocchi. Serve with a salad and some crusty bread to mop up the tomato sauce. Yum!
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Fill the medium saucepan with water and put it on to boil.
3. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list. Remember to put a damp tea towel under your chopping board to stop it from slipping.
4. Blanch the spinach for about 30 seconds in the boiling water, then drain quickly using the strainer and rinse in cool water to stop the cooking process.
To make the sauce
1. Heat the olive oil in the saucepan, then add the onion, garlic and parsley. Cook on a medium heat for 1–2 minutes or until onion is translucent.
2. Add the passata, season to taste, then stir to combine.
3. Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes.
To make the gnocchi
1. Mix together all of the gnocchi ingredients, except the mozzarella and the olive oil, in the large bowl.
2. Form balls about 2 cm round using a small spoon.
3. Grease the oven-proof dish with oil and arrange the gnocchi in the dish.
To cook the gnocchi
1. Drizzle the cooked tomato sauce over the top of the gnocchi, scatter over the grated mozzarella and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes, until the cheese has baked to a beautiful golden brown.
2. Serve hot. Yum!