Herb bread in flowerpots recipe
Did you know you can use terracotta flowerpots to bake in? Well, now you do!
|Serves:||16 small flowerpot loaves|
|Fresh from the garden:||Herbs|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list. Remember to put a damp tea towel under your chopping board to stop it from slipping.
2. Place the herbs, plain and wholemeal flours, yeast, salt, olive oil, bran (if using) and lukewarm water in a large bowl.
3. Stir to combine until a heavy dough has formed, then knead the dough for 5 minutes.
4. Oil the other large bowl with olive oil spray and transfer the dough to the bowl. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside to prove for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
5. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
6. Tip the dough onto a well floured work surface and punch it to remove the air.
7. Divide into 16 even-sized portions and knead for 2 minutes.
8. Spray the insides of the pots with olive oil spray and sprinkle the oiled surface with flour, shaking out any excess.
9. Transfer the dough to the flowerpots and set aside to prove a second time, about 30 minutes.
10. Brush the top of each mini-loaf with milk and top with the mixed seeds, if using.
11. Transfer the pots to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
12. Gently tip the bread out of the pots and transfer to the baking tray.
13. Return the bread to the oven and bake for a further 5 minutes, or until the loaves sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
14. Cool the mini-loaves on a wire rack before serving.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Warming and hearty - this dish is great for all the familyRead more