Oyster sauce, coriander and sesame oil will give your omelette a new dimension.
|Fresh from the garden:||Broccoli, coriander, silverbeet, snow peas, spring onions|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
2. Whisk the eggs lightly, using the whisk or fork, with the fish sauce and sesame oil in the medium bowl. Divide the mixture into four small bowls.
3. Heat a wok with a quarter of the sunflower oil. When the oil starts to shimmer and is very hot, gently but quickly pour in one bowl of eggs (they will puff up).
4. Loosen the eggs with the wooden spoon and move them around a little – this will allow the egg mix to escape and cook.
5. Cook for 3–5 minutes until it is golden brown underneath and almost set inside.
6. Turn off the heat.
7. Push the omelette to one side and pour the excess oil off into a bowl. Use this oil for the next omelette, and top up the oil if required.
8. Add a quarter of the snow peas, broccoli, silverbeet, sprouts and spring onions to the middle of the omelette and fold it over.
9. Allow the omelette to sit for a minute to finish cooking inside.
10. Slide the omelette off onto a serving platter.
11. Repeat the process until you have made all four omelettes.
12. Drizzle each omelette with a little oyster sauce.
13. Serve sprinkled with torn coriander leaves.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more