Sweet potato salad with green tahini dressing recipe
Lift your salad game to new heights with this winning flavour combination.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
To make the dressing: place the tahini, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, chilli flakes (if using), salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse briefly. With the motor running, gradually add water if needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Spread out the sweet potato and onion on the prepared tray. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with the chilli flakes and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
3. Roast for 35–40 minutes or until golden and tender.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
5. Blanch the beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 1–2 minutes. Remove and refresh in cold water, then drain well.
6. Toss the rocket and beans in a large bowl. Top with the roasted sweet potato and onion and the lentils.
7. Drizzle with the green tahini dressing and finish with goat’s cheese and extra chilli, if desired.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice mak...Read more