|Makes:||16 large roti|
|Fresh from the garden:||Egg|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 50°C
2. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
3. Mix the milk, butter, egg and water in the jug.
4. Mix the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl and make a well in the centre.
5. Pour the liquid into the well and stir to form a sticky dough.
6. Sprinkle flour generously onto a clean, dry workbench and your hands.
7. Knead the dough on the bench until it is soft and smooth.
8. Wrap in plastic and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
9. Clean and dry your workbench.
10. Divide the dough into 16 pieces. Brush some sunflower oil onto your workbench.
11. Use oiled hands to flatten each piece of dough on the oiled surface. Stretch the edges to make a disc about 15 cm wide and about 5 mm thick.
12. Heat a large frying pan or barbecue hotplate on medium–high heat.
13. Cook the roti for 1 minute on each side or until golden and slightly charred. Press them with the spatula as they bubble so they cook evenly (adult supervision needed!).
14. Using tongs, transfer the cooked roti to a baking tray and cover with foil. Put them in the warm oven until they are ready to eat.