Vegetarian laksa recipe
Fill up on colourful winter veggies in a light, creamy laksa
This delicious soup is low carb, gluten free, dairy free, grain free and full of vegetables to boost your vitamin intake and fight off winter colds.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Bring a medium size pot of water to the boil and add the eggs and cook for 10 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, add the sweet potato and carrots.
2. Drain water, remove eggs and set aside the sweet potato and carrots.
3. Peel eggs and slice each one into 3 pieces
4. Use a spiraliser to create ‘noodles’ with the zucchini. If you don’t have a spiraliser you can simply use a vegetable peeler and peel the zucchinis into ribbons.
5. Place the noodles into four bowls and top with bean sprouts, half of the coriander, spring onions and sliced egg.
6. In a large, deep fry pan on medium heat add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Once it has heated add the eggplant and stir-fry for 5 minutes until golden.
7. Remove eggplant from the pan and add the bowls of noodles.
8. In the same fry pan on medium heat add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and the laksa paste.
9. Cook for 1 minute then add the coconut milk/cream, water, sweet potato and carrots and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes. In the last minute, add the snow peas.
10. Divide mixture amongst the 4 bowls and let sit for 1 minute.
11. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more