Curried cauliflower salad recipe
A curried cauliflower salad recipe for something a little fancy.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
For the curried cauliflower
1. Cut cauliflower into evenly sized pieces, roughly 3-4 cm.
2. Season with spices, oil and crushed curry leaves.
3. Place onto tray in the oven and roast until the cauliflower is very dark in colour and very crispy around the edges.
4. Allow to cool before mixing.
For the tea-soaked raisins
1. Strain the steeped tea and pour over the raisins and allow to soak for as long as possible. Preferably this should be done the night before, but a 10 minute soak will do.
For the curry vinaigrette
1. Sauté shallots and curry powder in a small amount of oil.
2. Reduce apple juice by half.
3. Add apple juice to the sautéed shallots and pass through a fine chinois (a conical mesh sieve).
4. Adjust with lime juice, salt, sugar and vinegar.
For the spiced labne
1. Hang the yoghurt overnight to remove the whey.
2. Whisk in the ingredients and season the taste.
Putting it all together
1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and dress with the curry vinaigrette.