|Fresh from the garden:||Broccoli, eggs, parsley, leeks|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
Remember to put a damp tea towel under your chopping board to stop it from slipping.
To make the pastry
1. Combine the flour and the salt in a large bowl and then create a well in the middle of the flour.
2. Combine the oil and water in a small bowl and then pour the mixture into the well in the centre of the flour.
3. Use your hands to incorporate the liquid into the flour until the dough forms a ball.
4. Flour the workbench. Transfer the dough to the workbench and knead for a minute, then place the dough back into the large bowl. Cover with a dry tea towel and leave for up to an hour.
To make the filling
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
3. Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium heat.
4. Add the leek and broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes until the leek begins to soften and starts to colour.
5. Remove the leek and broccoli from the heat.
6. In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and cream together, then mix in the ricotta, leek, broccoli and parmesan. Season with nutmeg, plus some salt and pepper.
To assemble and cook the tart
1. Dry and flour the workbench then roll the pastry until it is 5–10 mm thick, any shape is fine.
2. Place the pastry onto an oiled baking tray.
3. Spoon the mixture onto the centre of the pastry, leaving a 5 cm border around the outside. Using your hand, lift and push the border over the edge of the filling.
4. Beat the egg yolk in a small bowl with the fork.
5. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg yolk, then bake the tart for 35–40 minutes, or until golden.
6. Sprinkle the tart with chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Cut into portions and serve.