Pasta with zucchini, basil and lemon sauce recipe
This light, fragrant sauce goes well with thin pasta like spaghetti, angel hair or linguine
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Bring large pot of water to the boil.
2. Add the basil and garlic to the mortar and pestle and crush together.
3. Slowly add the olive oil into the mortar while pounding the mixture.
4. Pound the mixture until it is a coarse paste, then add the lemon rind, lemon juice and half the parmesan. Mix thoroughly.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper, remembering that pasta sauce needs to be well seasoned. Set aside.
6. Finely slice the zucchini.
7. Add the pasta to the boiling salted water to cook.
8. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan.
9. Stir in the zucchini and a pinch of salt and pepper.
10. Cook zucchini for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
11. Add the garlic and basil sauce to the cooked zucchini.
12. Use tongs to add the cooked pasta directly from the pot to the pan and toss through, adding a small amount of pasta water if required.
13. Pour into serving platter and sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
This recipe is adapted from an original by Foster Primary School, Victoria.
Here's how to eat home made meals every nightRead more
Even the fussiest eaters will love these recipes.Read more
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more