Spicy pumpkin and lentil soup recipe
Spice up your soup ideas this winter with a pumpkin and lentil soup inspired by Indian flavours.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, leek and ginger stirring for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the curry powder and cumin and sauté, stirring for a couple of minutes.
2. Add garlic, tomato passata, tomato paste, pumpkin, lentils and stock. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
3. Remove the soup from the heat and use a stick blender to puree until smooth.
4. Add the coconut milk and lime juice to the soup, then gently reheat over low heat. Season to taste.
5. Serve with additional coconut milk and naan or roti bread.
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more