Mushroom ragu with tagliatelle recipe
The earthy flavours of this mushroom ragu are perfect with silky, homemade tagliatelle.
|Fresh from the garden:||Garlic, mushrooms, parsley|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Prepare all the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list. Remember to put a damp tea towel under your chopping board to stop it from slipping.
2. Soak the dried porcini mushrooms in the small bowl in 150 ml of warm water.
3. Set aside for 10 minutes, then drain and squeeze, reserving the soaking liquid.
4. Heat the butter and olive oil in the large frying pan over high heat until foaming.
5. Add the garlic and wait until it is golden brown and then add the mushrooms. Stir for 2–4 minutes, until soft and golden.
6. Pour in the stock and reserved mushroom liquid, and simmer for 10–15 minutes.
7. Stir through parsley, extra olive oil and season to taste.
8. Mix ragu through the pasta. Sprinkle parmesan and extra parsley over the top.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Warming and hearty - this dish is great for all the familyRead more