Baked oats with banana and berries recipe
A sweet and warming breakfast, bursting with fruity flavours and coconut.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 100°C and lightly spray a medium baking dish with cooking oil.
2. Layer the berries and sliced banana over the base of the prepared dish. Combine the oats, coconut milk and 1 cup of water in a bowl and pour evenly over the fruit.
3. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 2 hours until the oats are very tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
4. Spoon the baked oats into four bowls. Top each serve with a teaspoon of honey and a little extra coconut milk to loosen the oats if required.
5. If you’re not serving the oats immediately, let them cool, then cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Gently reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
To save time in the morning, bake the oats in advance, then reheat them when you’re ready to serve.
Adding kimchi to your omelette not only gives it a tangy boo...Read more
Five quick and delicious recipes to try this week.Read more