Lamington bites with cashew cream and raspberry jam recipe
Whip up these morsels of coconutty goodness and relish the delight.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease a mini muffin tin (or line with 24 mini cupcake cases).
2. Put all jam ingredients in a small saucepan over a low heat for approximately 30 minutes or until reduced and thickened, stirring occasionally. Set aside
3. Put soaked cashews, vanilla extract and rice malt syrup in a food processor and blend for a few minutes until you have a smooth, creamy consistency. Add the water slowly until you have the right consistency.
4. Beat the eggs, rice malt syrup and vanilla extract until light and creamy. Gradually add the coconut oil and keep beating.
5. Combine the coconut flour and baking powder. Add to the egg mix, then half the almond milk, beating to combine. Pour into mini muffin tin and cook for 25 mins or until cooked through. Remove from tin once cooled, slice the bites into halves and set aside.
6. Heat the coconut milk and dark chocolate in a sauce pan over a low heat, stir until melted then remove from heat. Coat the lamington bites with the chocolate then roll in desiccated coconut.
7. Assemble bites with a dollop each of cashew cream and raspberry jam (I recommend doing this step as close to serving time as possible).
8. Serve and wait for the reaction!
Note: The lamingtons can be made the day before, but should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature (they will go hard if you put them in the fridge).
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more