Lamb shank and vegetable soup recipe
Need a new soup recipe? This hearty lamb soup beckons with bursts of fresh vegies.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Heat oil in large heavy based saucepan. Cook lamb shanks until well browned on all sides. Transfer to a large plate. Leave remaining oil in pan.
2. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery to pan. Cook, stirring often, until onion is just tender.
3. Add soup mix. Pour in stock and water. Bring to the boil.
4. Return shanks to the pan and immerse in liquid. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, partially covered for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until shanks are very tender. Add more water if required.
5. Season to taste with McKenzies sea salt and pepper grinders. Garnish with parsley to serve.
Subscribe to Live Better and receive our 'Healthy Living' recipe book FREE! As well as delicious recipes, food inspiration, offers and promotions straight to your inbox each week.
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more