If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
To make the filling
1. Boil the potatoes in a saucepan of water until soft, then drain and mash.
2. In a frying pan, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Add the curry leaves and remaining spices, allowing them to cook for a few minutes. Add the mashed potato and mix, then take off the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the dosa batter
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until a smooth, runny consistency, just a bit thinner than pancake batter, is achieved, adding more soy milk if needed.
To cook the dosa
1. Heat 1–2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. Pour in a quarter of the batter and cook each side until golden brown. Cover half the pancake with a quarter of the potato mix, then fold to enclose. Remove the pancake from the frying pan, and repeat with remaining batter and filling.
2. Heat 1–2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. Sauté the mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach, and serve alongside the dosa. Enjoy!
This recipe is an extract from Cooking With Kindness – Over 70 recipes from Australia’s best vegan chefs and restaurants by Edgar’s Mission, RRP $35. All royalties go to Edgar’s Mission to enable them to continue their important work.