Light pumpkin soup recipe
Looking for a lighter alternative to traditionally creamy pumpkin soup?
It’s that time of the year again – pumpkin season! This means pumpkin everything, from pie to lattes to classic pumpkin soup.
Traditionally pumpkin soup is made with butter, cream and stock, but these ingredients are not needed to make a delicious tasting soup. Try this lighter alternative.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Cut pumpkin in half, remove all seeds, then peel and cube.
2. Add pumpkin cubes to a stove pot and fill with water until covered.
3. Cook until soft and remove from heat. Use either a soup stick or food processor to blend until smooth.
4. Pour mixture back into the stove pot. Add herb salt and cracked pepper (and optional chilli), and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Add a swirl of coconut milk and serve.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice mak...Read more