If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Combine the rice, 500 ml (2 cups) cold water and a big pinch of salt in a saucepan over high heat.
2. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside for 5 minutes while you cook the vegetables.
4. Blanch the peas and asparagus in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 2–3 minutes.
5. Drain, then combine with the brown rice.
6. Add the butter and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then mix in the cheese and parsley.
7. Serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.
Recipe from Eat This, My Friend – Everyday vegetarian recipes for sharing by Jade O’Donahoo, published by Hardie Grant Books, RRP $24.99