Yoghurt and lime sorbet with pea crumb dessert recipe
This dessert by pastry chef Darren Purchese is well worth the effort of preparation.
Green pea crumb
Yoghurt and lime sorbet
Green pea crumb
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
Green Pea Crumb
1. Place the dry ingredients into a small mixing bowl and mix well together.
2. Add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until all of the lumps have been removed.
3. Form a ball of dough and wrap tightly in cling film, firm in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Grate the dough finely using a microplane onto a baking tray lined with silicone paper.
5. Spread the crumb evenly onto the tray and dehydrate in an oven preheated to 70°C for 4 hours.
6. Remove from the oven and cool before reserving in a sealed plastic container.
Yoghurt and Lime Sorbet
1. Mix 100g of the sugar with the stabiliser.
2. In a saucepan place the milk and the milk powder.
3. Start to heat gently and add the trimoline, glucose and the sugar.
4. At 40°C add the cream and the sugar/stabilizer mix.
5. Heat this mix to 85°C for two minutes before straining and cooling immediately.
6. Stir in the yoghurt and the lime juice and zest and churn.
1. Segment the lime and lightly char with a blow torch.
1. Using a sharp knife, finely cut into thin strips at the last minute.
Putting It All Together
1. Spoon a small amount of the pea crumb onto the plate
2. Quenelle a portion of the sorbet on top of the crumb
3. Place a charred lime onto the sorbet
4. Arrange fine strips of mint
5. Serve immediately
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more