Tagine with dates and honey
Tagine is a traditional North African spiced stew. In this recipe dates and honey add a hint of natural sweetness to this savoury dish.
|Fresh from the garden:||carrot, coriander, onion, parsley, pumpkin, sweet potato|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
2. Heat the oil in the large, wide-based pot or tagine.
3. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add the carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato, tomato paste, ginger, turmeric and cinnamon quills. Stir to combine.
5. Pour in the vegetable stock to cover the vegetables. Bring to a simmer.
6. Cover and cook gently for 20 minutes.
7. Add the chickpeas, apricots, dates and honey.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste, then simmer for another 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the mixture is thick and soupy.
9. Serve in the tagine sprinkled with parsley and coriander.
Healthy herb fritters ideal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.Read more