Seasonal savoury muffins recipe
Tasty little muffins, full of seasonal veggies and herbs.
|Fresh from the garden:||Eggs, seasonal vegetables and herbs|
- Spring: 5 asparagus stalks, chopped into 2-cm lengths and blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes. Mix with finely chopped mint.
- Summer: 1–2 zucchinis, grated, and 1 handful of basil leaves, finely chopped.
- Autumn: 200 g pumpkin cut into 1-cm cubes and roasted for 15 minutes on an oven tray at 180°C, and a small handful of chives, finely chopped.
- Winter: 2 large silverbeet leaves, stems removed, leaves thinly sliced. Sauté in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 5 minutes. Mix with finely chopped parsley.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
Remember to put a damp tea towel under your chopping board to stop it from slipping.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
3. Add the flour and salt to the large bowl, then create a well in the centre of the flour.
4. Combine the yoghurt, eggs and oil in the small bowl with the fork.
5. Pour the yoghurt and egg mixture into the flour and gently stir to combine, adding the grated cheese, seasonal vegetables and herbs as you go (don’t over-mix).
6. Line the muffin holes with baking paper.
7. Spoon the muffin mix into each hole, so they form a mound above the rim of the muffin hole.
8. Set aside to rise for 5–10 minutes, then pop into the oven.
9. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until firm to touch and golden.
10. Cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto wire racks.
11. Cut in half and transfer to your platter to serve.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Warming and hearty - this dish is great for all the familyRead more