Potato tortilla recipe
A simple and delicious traditional dish from Spain.
|Fresh from the garden:||Eggs, parsley, potato, red onion, silverbeet, spring onion|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
2. Steam the potatoes in the steamer for 20 minutes or until tender.
3. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the frying pan and the cook the onion, silverbeet stems and spring onions for 2 minutes over medium heat.
4. Add silverbeet leaves and herbs to the frying pan and cook until leaves are wilted down.
5. Crack the eggs into the bowl, beat with the whisk and season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour 1–2 tbsp olive oil into the medium frying pan. When hot, add the potatoes and the onion mix.
7. Add the egg mix to the frying pan, gently spread it over the pan and turn the heat down to low. Cover with the lid and cook until centre of tortilla is firm, around 10 minutes.
8. Turn on the grill.
9. Take the lid off the frying pan, place the pan under the grill and heat for a further 10 minutes, until the tortilla is evenly golden and firm to the touch. Check the centre of the tortilla. If it is still runny, cover the pan with foil and place it under the grill again until it’s cooked through.
10. Allow the tortilla to cool, transfer it to the serving platter and slice to serve.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Warming and hearty - this dish is great for all the familyRead more