Warm apples in a gently spiced syrup are as delicious over your favourite breakfast as they are by themselves.
|Fresh from the garden:||Apples, lemons|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
2. Cook the sugar, water and lemon in the large pot for about 5 minutes to form a syrup.
3. Remove the lemon using the slotted spoon and bring the syrup to a simmer.
4. Cook a few apple slices in the syrup at a time until tender. (Be careful not to overcook the apples; they should be tender, not mushy.)
5. Place the cooked slices in the bowl.
6. Continue cooking the rest of the apple slices. Add more water to the syrup as needed.
7. When all the apple slices are cooked and in the bowl, pour the syrup over them.
8. Grate over a sprinkling of nutmeg before serving.
Healthy herb fritters ideal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.Read more