Oven-baked spring rolls
Get the kids involved in making their own snacks.
|Makes:||15 large rolls|
|Fresh from the garden:||Carrot, celery, coriander, Chinese cabbage, spring onions|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
3. Place the wok over high heat.
4. Add oil to the wok with the garlic, ginger and spring onions, and stir for 30 seconds.
5. Add the cabbage, carrot and celery, and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes.
6. Add the soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, oyster sauce and cornflour, cook for a further 2 minutes.
7. Transfer the mix to a large bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Place a spring roll wrapper on the bench and add a spoonful of filling diagonally across it.
9. Brush the sides with water to help seal the rolls.
10. Fold the corner closest to you over the filling, then fold in each side. Roll up firmly to enclose the filling.
11. Repeat this process until all the wrappers are used.
12. Place the spring rolls on the baking tray, with gaps in between them so they can brown all over.
13. Brush each roll with a little sunflower oil.
14. Bake for 20 minutes.
15. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
A tasty side dish the whole family will love.Read more