What to do
1. Combine all ingredients (except garnish) in a large pot. Cover and simmer for approximately 1 to 1 ½ hours or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove hock and prepare by removing skin. Roughly chop ham and set aside. Discard bay leaf.
3. Puree soup in a food processor or blender.
4. Add ham back into pureed soup and stir through.
5. Season to taste with pepper. Garnish with prosciutto and fresh parsley.
For more recipe ideas and ingredients inspiration, head to mckenziesfoods.com.au