Enter your postcode to find your nearest store to have a face-to-face chat!
Medibank is excited to offer Web Messaging. It’s a new way of having a conversation with us.
Our new service has the following great features:
- Relationship based – The conversation has a beginning, but no clear ending. It becomes a relationship based on an ongoing conversation between Medibank and the provider
- Providers communicate on their terms – Providers can begin and continue conversations when it is convenient for you. We will respond between 8.30am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday (AEST).
- Providers set the pace – Providers do not need to worry about getting disconnected. They can focus on other tasks they have and respond in their own time
- Providers have the history – Ongoing conversations allow providers to pick up where they left off. They can scroll through previous responses from Medibank and reference responses and their conversation, enriching their customer journey
We have also introduced a new virtual bot to gather the initial enquiry details, so providers can carry on with their work, and one of our team members will respond to the enquiry in a timely manner.
Here’s what to expect next time you open up the web messaging window and are greeted by our virtual bot “Pat”:
- Please tell us your name, Pat will ask you the next question.
- We need Provider number, Provider name and Full Address in one sentence before sending the response. Please provide all this information in full.
- Pat will then provide you with several options to select the nature of your enquiry such as – Eligibility Check or Hospital Claims or General Enquiry.
- Please make a selection from the list which best suits the reason of your enquiry.
- Pat will transfer you to the next available agent based on your enquiry type, and may ask some further questions.
- Please follow the prompts, provide the full details of your enquiry and relax. One of our team members will respond to you as soon as possible during our operating hours.
We are now also available 24/7 for urgent and emergency Eligibility Checks, only. Please follow the same instructions and you will be answered by one of our 24/7 agents.
If you would still like to call -
|Hospital & Provider Advocacy Team||Contact|
|Medical Enquiry Line||1300 130 460|
|Ancillary Providers - Members' Choice||1300 720 165|
|Ancillary Providers - Non Members' Choice||1300 654 887|
|Hospital Enquiry Line||132 230|
Medibank takes fraud very seriously. Click here for more information and to submit a suspicious activity report.
Our team of experts are ready to help!
Fill in the form below or get in touch by calling our dedicated line 1300 110
We are open on Sundays.
In providing your telephone number, you consent to Medibank contacting you about health insurance.
We'll have someone call you soon to help with any questions you have.
Or, check out our FAQs and guides to help get you started.