Enter your postcode to find your nearest store to have a face-to-face chat!
Private pathology and diagnostic imaging providers
Medibank are working towards moving away from accepting provider refunds via cheque and from issuing cheques to providers for claim benefits. Instead, we’ll use Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to get payments to you faster – 2 to 3 business days.
What happens next?
You’ll need to provide your EFT details, which can be done in 3 simple steps:
- Go to MPPA billing registration form
- Complete the registration form
- Save and send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to In-patient Medical Claims (IMC)
The Department of Human Services (the Department) will implement changes to the way they pay Private Health Insurers. Learn more
Advantages of the MPPA Billing Channel for private practices
- Claiming is easy as you send one account directly to Medibank
- You can claim electronically via Eclipse which is fast and efficient and helps streamline your billing process
- You receive one full payment that includes both Medicare and health fund benefits
- Benefits are paid directly into your bank account via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- You can choose to participate on a patient by patient basis
- You are free to charge out-of-pocket costs to members so long as you obtain their informed financial consent before treatment or as soon as practicable after treatment
Your guide to MPPA Billing - Terms & Conditions
For everything you need to know about claiming under the MPPA Billing Channel, download a copy of our MPPA Billing Channel Guide for Private Pathology and Diagnostic Imaging Providers. This document also includes our Terms and Conditions which apply when you participate in the MPPA Billing Channel.
Who can register?
If you are a private pathology or diagnostic imaging provider, a private hospital or a Medical Billing Agent who represents providers of pathology and radiology services you can register to claim under the MPPA Billing Channel.
To register, simply complete the MPPA Billing Registration form to obtain a Billing Entity number, register your EFT and contact details. Email your completed form to email@example.com along with details of the providers you wish to be linked to your Billing Entity number.
How do I register?
To register you need to fill out the MPPA Billing Registration form and return it to us along with details of the providers you wish to be covered.
If your registration meets our criteria, you will be contacted to discuss potential arrangements.
Receipt of your registration does not mean automatic acceptance.
How to claim
You can use Eclipse which allows you to process your claims electronically in a streamlined way.
For manual claims, please download the MPPA Batch Header, attach to your claims and send to:
GPO Box 2984
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
Have a question about claiming? See our MPPA Batch Header, or give us a call on 1300 130 460.
Forms & Batch Headers
Our team of experts are ready to help!
Fill in the form below or get in touch by calling our dedicated line 1300 110
We are open on Sundays.
In providing your telephone number, you consent to Medibank contacting you about health insurance.
We'll have someone call you soon to help with any questions you have.
Or, check out our FAQs and guides to help get you started.