Enter your postcode to find your nearest store to have a face-to-face chat!
If you’re going away for any extended period of time, you’ll need to make arrangements for your pet to be well looked after while you’re away. There are many options such as pet hotels and lodgings or even close friends or relatives. It’s best to assess all your available options to make sure your pet is comfortable while you are away.
Leaving your pet at home
If you are leaving your pet at home, you’ll want someone to take just as good care of your pet as you would. Whether it’s a professional pet carer or a friend or relative is completely up to you.
Your pet is going to miss you and there is no avoiding that, but at least if you know that you’ve left them in good hands and that their needs are being taken care of, you’ll be able to relax and have a little fun.
Pet insurance is something worth considering, especially if you are leaving your pet at home, with a friend to take care of, or putting them into a boarding facility. You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that if anything should happen to your pet while you are away, your pet can get the best care possible without the worry of a huge vet bill to come home to.
Note: Out of pocket expenses will apply.
Kennels and boarding services
Make sure you visit a boarding kennel or cattery establishment before making a booking to ensure it’s somewhere you feel comfortable in leaving your pet while you are away and check that it has these features:
- adequate security to prevent your pet from escaping
- accommodation that is clean, dry, well ventilated and temperature controlled
- a decent size exercise area
- well-trained staff, knowledgeable in pet care
And remember to ask a few questions.
- What are the dogs/cats fed and how often?
- What is the exercise program?
- Will your pet be sharing accommodation or be on their own?
- If sharing, on what basis do they choose roommates?
- If your pet isn’t eating, what will the boarding kennel or cattery try differently?
- What happens if you pet becomes unwell while boarding?
- Will they contact the owner in the event of sickness/emergency? You should provide your best contact details for when you are away. Most pet boarding facilities will ask for your vet details upon admission and also request an alternative contact person in case you are uncontactable during your pet’s stay (ie if you are away overseas). You may also want to provide your pet insurance policy details just in case.
- If your pet has special health needs or issues discuss their flexibility in being able to accommodate specific requests, such as administering medications, supervised play time etc
When you check in your pet:
- Provide the boarding facility with a brief summary about your pet – their needs, any special medications, health issues or requirements. Make sure you bring along any medications your pet needs and provide details about the dosage.
- Some boarding facilities also allow you to take your pet’s favourite toy or blanket to board with them so they feel at home.
- Arrange with a friend or relative who is comfortable to be your pet’s emergency contact for your pet while you are away – in case you cannot be contacted for some reason. They will need to be able to make decisions on any vet treatment required if your pet is sick while you are away.
Things you should know
The information provided is general information only and is not a substitute for professional veterinary medical advice. Medibank Private does not guarantee the accuracy of any of the information, representations or advice contained. To the extent permitted by law, Medibank Private accepts no responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience sustained by readers of this website as a result of or in connection with the information contained on this website (whether by way of negligence or otherwise).
Medibank Pet Insurance is issued by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473, AFSL 241436, is arranged and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 95 075 949 923, AFSL 420183 (PetSure) and is promoted and distributed by PetSure’s Authorised Representative (AR) Medibank Private Limited ABN 47 080 890 259, AR 286089. Terms, conditions, waiting periods and exclusions apply. Any advice provided is general only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Please consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to ensure this product meets your needs before purchasing. PDS and Target Market Determination available at medibank.com.au/pet-insurance.
Our team of experts are ready to help!
Fill in the form below or get in touch by calling our dedicated line 1300 110
We are open on Sundays.
In providing your telephone number, you consent to Medibank contacting you about health insurance.
We'll have someone call you soon to help with any questions you have.
Or, check out our FAQs and guides to help get you started.