Risotto used to be my favourite thing to cook, but the traditional version would leave me feeling heavy and bloated. Alas, I needn’t have ditched my favourite dish! I’ve discovered a way to make a nutrient packed, lighter version that I dare say tastes even better.
Quinoa is packed full of protein, essential amino acids, fibre, vitamins and minerals. Combine this with loads of green goodness and you have a dish that delivers on nourishment as well as flavour.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Heat butter in a medium saucepan or stock pot over a medium heat, fry the onions, two of the garlic cloves and the leek until soft and translucent.
2. Add quinoa, coat with butter and stir for one minute.
3. Add apple cider vinegar (or white wine) and stir.
4. Add 1 cup of stock and stir until absorbed.
5. Continue to add stock 1 cup at time, allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Add the peas and mushrooms halfway through, and asparagus for 1 minute at the end.
6. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until cooked taste for texture.
7. Stir through lemon, salt and pepper, parsley and watercress adjust to suit your taste.
8. Serve with a dollop of labna and drizzle of olive oil.
Find more recipes at ohmygoodness.net
Image credits: Styling by Carlie Monasso, photography by Samara Clifford.