If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Mix the cacao powder and the coconut water together until you have a paste then place into the food processor with the avocado, vanilla, honey, orange zest and coconut oil.
2. Process until you have a very fine, soft and whipped mixture. You can process this mixture for quite a while in order to achieve a very fine and fluffy consistency. Don’t worry about over-processing.
3. Keep in mind that the cacao powder is quite bitter so it is best to taste and adjust the level of sweetness to suit your taste.
4. Pour into individual dessert glasses or small coffee cups and refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving topped with the toasted almonds and strawberries.
5. To toast the almond flakes: place almonds into a small non-stick frying pan and lightly toast over a medium heat until golden or roast in the oven.
Note: Although a healthy desert, this is still quite rich so you may want to stretch this quantity to serve 4 people and serve it in small coffee cups or shot glasses. As an alternative, if you like ginger, you can substitute the orange zest with glacé ginger.
This recipe appears inÂ Superfoods by Rena Patten, available now from New Holland Publishers.