Raw cacao and cashew chocolate mousse cake recipe
Your sweet tooth won’t believe this yummy, chocolatey cake is sugar-free. Jemma from The Healthy Journey lets us in on the secret.
¾ cup raw almonds
4 pitted medjool dates
½ tablespoon raw cacao powder
Pinch of salt
½ tablespoon coconut oil
2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
1/3 cup maple syrup
¾ cup water
2/3 cup raw cacao powder
1. Blend all base ingredients until mixture is sticky and can be pressed together.
2. Press into a round spring form tin.
3. Place in the freezer.
4. Rinse soaked cashews and drain water.
5. Add to blender, Thermomix or high speed food processor and blend until smooth.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients and whizz until combined.
7. Pour on top of the crust and return to the freezer for 12 hours.
8. Move the cake from the freezer to the fridge 6 hours before serving so it can soften.
9. Alternatively you can cut the cake into portions when frozen and then just remove one piece at the time.
Find more of Jemma’s delicious recipes at The Healthy Journey.